Whilst I was in London I also visited the fashion design studio Print Tank. Rose Barber and Sian Evans are two of the designers from the company and they have been working together for 4 years. Companies that they sell to include Miss Selfridge, Oasis, Vera Wang, Calvin Klein, DKNY and Missoni. The company travels all over the work with trade shows including Indigo in Paris, New York and Japan.
I am currently in the middle of a fashion design brief for this company. I have been asked to create a collection of 10 designs based around the theme geometrics, flora and forna. The design company have given me four different themes to choose from,
- Smokey and neon
- Psychedelic
- Textured and Adorned
- Shibori and Tie Dye
I have chosen to go with the Psychedelic theme as I think this best suits my style. Once I have completed my collection I will have to present my designs to Sian Evans, one of the designers from Print Tank. This will be good experience for me and it will give me practice in how to present my own work.
Also whilst I was at the studio, I got a lot of information about how the company started and what backgrounds the designers came from before working together. I also got a chance to look and to feel some of the designs that they create and they were absolutely amazing. This now gives me an idea of the standard that I have to work towards with my collection.
No comments:
Post a Comment