Sunday, 5 October 2008

Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo

Last week I visited London with my degree class. One of the highlights of the trip was going to see Les Ballets Trockadero De Monte Carlo. It was on at Sadlers Wells Peacock Theatre in the centre of London.

I really enjoyed going to see this as it had a comical twist. It was an all male ballet show and it included acts from Swan lake, Pas De Deux, La Trovatiara and Majisimas. All the dancers in the ballet were males and their outfits and make up were just fantastic. They were absolutely amazing dancers and I could tell that it must have taken a lot of hard work and effort to train their bodies.


To me the outfits and the colours worked really well with each other. Also the music and the way the dancers moved so elegantly was really inspirational to me.

There was one part in the show which really stood out to me and that I will never forget. It was of the dying swan in Swan Lake. The swan gracefully moved from one side of the stage to the other and at the same time feathers were just falling to the ground. The lighting and the way that the feathers were falling to the floor was just amazing to watch.



No comments: