A few weeks ago i went to the Cloth and Culture exhibition at the Whitworth Art gallery. The exhibition includes work by textile artists from all over the world, Estonia, Finland, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania and the UK. The aim of the work is to examine textiles as both a global language and as a medium that can express a local and regional identity. The work combines both traditional and more contemporary technical techniques. Tapestry, Knitting, and Embroidery is combined with Digital print, Photography and Fibre Optics.
The exhibition shows a wide range of materials, from more traditional fibres to Bamboo, Lead, paper, rusted metal and bin bags.
I found the exhibition quite exciting because i thought it was a really interesting idea to combine both traditional and contemporary techniques and materials, to create the pieces. These are some of my favourite pieces from the exhibition.


1 comment:
I think you have a great personality does! I like to.I'm a chinese girl.My english is not very good.Can we make frendies?
Post a Comment